Monday, March 30, 2015

Holy Week devotion: Easter Sunday - John 20:1-18



Bible reading: John 20:1-18

Today’s verse:                  John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

            Today is the greatest day of celebration on the Christian calendar. This is the Day that Christ was raised, so we should be glad and rejoice in it. This is the Day which makes our faith so important, not just for us, but for the entire world.

            As we read the Gospel narrative about Christ’s Resurrection, we should make time to re-pledge our hearts to Him, re-connect our spirits to God, and renew our hopes and dreams in Jesus, our Risen Savior and Almighty Lord.

            We are Easter people, redeemed from our sins by Christ’s sacrifice and restored to God’s Everlasting Kingdom by the power of Christ’s Resurrection!
CHRIST IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!

How will I share my joy in Christ with the world today?

Prayer:            Lord Jesus, You are the Savior of the world and our Almighty King. We rejoice in You this Day and forevermore. Amen.

No comments: